[mythtv-users] File permissions in 31-fixes

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 15:31:38 UTC 2021

Hoi Steve,

Friday, July 16, 2021, 3:35:11 PM, you wrote:

> Hello,
> The permissions were all mythtv:mythtv in 29-fixes, but I'm seeing
> logging that suggests different permissions are required for 31.

> Jul 13 00:02:33 bilbo mythbackend: mythbackend[18730]: E
> DeleteThread mainserver.cpp:2700 (OpenAndUnlink) MainServer: Error
> deleting '/myth/10703_20210607215500.ts' could not unlink
> #012#011#011#011eno: Permission denied (13)

> Some of my folders now have the permissions avahi:colord. Is this
> what all my folder permissions should be now?

> Thanks in advance.
> Steve

> Steve Greene
> (301) 842-8923
> historicity.co
> An independent archival professional specializing in still
> photography, moving images and recorded sound.

Are alle the foldes/files with those "changed" ownership from your old
pre-update machine?
If so avahi:colord now have the gid:uid that where assigned to
mythtv:mythtv on your old installation and mythtv:mythtv now have
other gid:uid and those are the relevant values. The names are just
for the human interface.
so change to your mythtv datadirectory and run:

sudo chown -R mythtv.mythtv *

on your mythtv datadirectory and and all ownerships are reverted to
the new gid:uid.

Be careful to NOT run this command in the wrong directory!!! or you
could break your whole system!!!

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven