[mythtv-users] The future of MythTV

Werner Mahr werner at vollstreckernet.de
Thu Jul 15 12:46:09 UTC 2021

Am Donnerstag, 15. Juli 2021, 13:31:15 CEST schrieb James:
> > On 15 Jul 2021, at 6:59 pm, Werner Mahr <werner at vollstreckernet.de> wrote:
> >
> > Am Freitag, 4. Juni 2021, 15:17:48 CEST schrieb Paul Harrison:
> >> Give us your thoughts on what direction you would like to see MythTV
> >> take now it's original purpose is slowing being killed of.
> >
> > With a bit delay I remembered a little problem. I have one BE with 3 FEs.
> > When rescanning for new additions I have to exit and reenter the video
> > library to get the new episodes on the other FEs. Would be nice if there
> > would be a signal or marker for updated collection to let the other ones
> > updated their cache.
>
> Werner would you use more words please :-)
> If I scan in Videos all backends see the addition.

Sure, but the frontend that are already running don't. I just turn off the
Screen and the frontend just stays at the last watched episode until I
continue. And without exiting the videolibrary, this frontend doesn't notice
any changes. Same apllies to watched-state which isn't a problem for me, as I
use different rooms for different series (vintage cartoons while ironing and
recent series in the living room).

I mostly scan for changes in my office, as it's easier to fix wrong metadata and
images with keyboard and mouse, but the frontend in the livingroom just
doesn't notice this.

--
MfG usw.

Werner Mahr