[mythtv-users] Still setting up XMLTV

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 03:15:20 UTC 2021

On Sun, Jul 11, 2021 at 1:39 AM Lloyd Chittenden <lloydc23 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I did run tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite --configure

Did you also specify the MythTV config-file you are referring to,
and run it to completion (the file is only written at the very end
of --configure).  Grabbers will default (if not specified) to use a
file in the ~/.xmltv directory, typically named <grabber>.conf.
 That is completely different than the MythTV file
~/.mythtv/<VideoSource>.xmltv that the videosource normally
uses.

You *must* be consistent in the ways you run the grabbers,
especially if you decide to not use the embedded configuration
process in mythtv-setup (which I admit can be painful as
using a GUI for what is essentially a CLI based tool can
be annoying).