[mythtv-users] MythTV refusing to record...

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sat Jul 3 10:23:48 UTC 2021

On Fri, 2 Jul 2021 23:29:35 -0700, you wrote:

>This is new behavior that started recently. There were two recordings showing up in Mythweb upcoming recordings
>
>After the first one should have recorded, I went looking for it. It was not there, and the second scheduled recording was also
>gone. As a Test I went to tomorrows listing and added a show to record. It does not appear in the upcoming recordings.
>
>One of the two shows got recorded last night at 3:00 AM
>
>There are two episodes of this show in the listings, each one shows up 5 times at different times and on different channels, but
>none of them show up on upcoming recordings.
>
>I have verified that my tuners are working and live TV is working.
>
>This stuff used to work. I have not messed with mythTV in months. There have been some updates to the system, but I did not see
>any for MythTV go by.
>

>I am seeing some database errors in the backend log:
>
>Jul  2 23:03:10 BlackBox mythbackend: mythbackend[2892]: E Scheduler mythdbcon.cpp:843 (prepare) Error preparing query: DELETE
>recordmatch FROM recordmatch, channel WHERE recordmatch.chanid = channel.chanid AND recordmatch.recordid = :RECORDID
>
>Lots more, but I don't want to flood this e-mail with useless data. Will provide if requested.
>

>My guess is that the database got corrupted. Is there a tool to fix this? What is the procedure to run it?

Have you done another package update?  There was a problem with the
library that MythTV uses to talk to MySQL/MariaDB.  If there was no
database activity for a few hours MythTV is disconnected from the
database.  It will normally automatically reconnect, but the new
library was giving it status codes it did not recognise, so it failed
to reconnect.  This has all been fixed, but you do need to have all
the packages updated to get this.  Your MythTV version is out of date:

> Version of all the parts of MythTV appears to be: 2:31.0+fixes.20200323.9579662cdc-0ubuntu1

My current version is:

v31.0+fixes.202106102123.0680b37c68~ubuntu20.04.1

So I would recommend running:

sudo apt update
sudo apt full-upgrade
sudo apt autoremove