[mythtv-users] mac build (really about h264 editing)

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Sun Jan 31 13:43:43 UTC 2021

> On 31 Jan 2021, at 8:41 pm, John Hoyt <john.hoyt at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Sat, Jan 30, 2021 at 11:42 AM John Hoyt <john.hoyt at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Yep - that was it.  I was wrong, it is a packaging problem.  I'll get to fixing that after I run some errands.
>
> I think I fixed the issue in the compile script (minor python3.8 path change).  I'm going to wait until my pull requests get committed before pushing out any new builds. Will send out a note once they're uploaded.
>
> James,  can you edit the following line and tell me if it fixes the metadata grabbers on your end?
>
> nano /Applications/Mythfrontend.app/Contents/MacOS/mythfrontend
>
> change
> export PYTHONPATH=$APP_DIR/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8:$APP_DIR/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/sites-enabled
> export PYTHONPATH=$APP_DIR/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8:$APP_DIR/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/sites-packages

John <smiling lots> I can't believe anybody would do real editing with nano. I have used vi since it ran on a PDP/11 with 100K ram, and have never looked back.

I changed the export from enabled to packages and I now have an issue that I only saw on Exit - the frontend GUI now occupies every 'space' in Apple terminology ie every workspace or desktop.

The grabber works

2021-01-31 21:24:19.855826 I  Running Grabber: /Applications/Mythfrontend.app/Contents/Resources/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -l en -a AU -C 79257
2021-01-31 21:24:20.338655 I  Result Found, Season 2 Episode 6
2021-01-31 21:24:20.338808 I  Returning Metadata Results: Planet Earth 2 6

but the clip shows no meta data (words or picture)
The whole grabber is iffy, but generally if you grab data a few times, resetting if it does not work, results in success.

ciao James