[mythtv-users] mac build

John Hoyt john.hoyt at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 11:06:55 UTC 2021

> I don't know precisely how master relates to the versions in the mac
> build, but (again) this may be relevant.  I started getting crashes in
> the cutlist editor after a bunch of commits to master in late October.
> The crashes went away after the commit that I mentioned earlier, but
> editing still had occasional 20-second hangups that happened not
> randomly, but unpredictably.

James is  running a mac build of v31 (not master) compiled in mid-December
which was cloned from to to include commits
through e9b795a1e43023b4141a28b9c620213097cdfbfe

I do also post master builds less frequently - but since most of the macOS
community stayed with v31 for their backend I haven't heard too many
requests for help on master.

 The next time I package up mac applications (hopefully this weekend), I'll
make a version that backports the master fix you suggested into v31 to see
if it helps.

> It's too early to be certain, but after another bunch of commits
> yesterday I have not seen any of these hangups.  Perhaps the
> 'UIButtonList' was involved again.  (Thanks, Mark_K)  That's in Fedora
> 32.  Unfortunately most of my recordings have been on  my el7 system,
> for which I can't now build because of the taglib bump the day before...

I'll take a look at these as well in case they can help the issues for v31

> Back to the seektable:  I find the 'commflag --rebuild' recipe usually
> reliable, but I don't think it will repair defective files, and it
> doesn't regenerate seektables for DVB-T radio or, iirc, other formats
> such as mkv or mp4.

interesting.  That may be why "mythtranscode --video --buildindex" worked
for me on James' video (.ts H264) while mythcommflag failed for James.