[mythtv-users] mac build

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 21:59:00 UTC 2021

On 27/01/2021 20:57, John Hoyt wrote:
> Well, I tried edit mode from mythvideo and recordings (I hacked the bad
> recording into my mythbackend replacing an old recording with the bad
> video).  Unfortunately, I was unable to reproduce the segfault with
> either cutlist editor mechanism.  Basically everything just worked for me...
>
> I'm curious if there's some other underlying issue that's creating the
> segfault.
>
> James, have you tried telling mythbackend to rebuild the seektable? I
> think the command is:
>
>     mythtranscode --buildindex --allkeys --showprogress
>     --infile /path/to/file (for a recording)
>     mythtranscode --video --buildindex --allkeys --showprogress
>     --infile /path/to/file (for mythvideo)

I have had tickets about seektable regeneration in the past, and suspect
that the most recent work on it has used the form

mythcommflag --rebuild --file ccccc_yyyymmhhmmssxx.xxx     for
recordings, or
mythcommflag --rebuild --video  /may/need/full/path/to/file  for videos

Those commands also reset the file size.  I've used them in scripts for
years.  HTH...