[mythtv-users] mac build

John Hoyt john.hoyt at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 15:46:41 UTC 2021

> > fwiw - I'm happy to help where I can in getting this fixed - but my 12
> > year old macbook is now officially dead; so no macos builds here
> > anymore. Happy to commit fixes though:)
> >
> > John - do you have any debug builds?

Thanks Mark!  I most definitely will take you up on the offer when I can
dig in (work commitments just ramped up a bit).  I don't have a debug
build, but can make one - is it safe to assume that it's a flag in
configure?

> PS I've done my building in parallels VM. You can even make a Big Sur VM
> on catelina.
> The only chicken-n-egg gotcha in Johns build is the build script is loaded
> by the build script. Can't recall my work around but it was easy.
> Parallels m2 speed is near native, VirTualBox is LOTS slower. Also I could
> not get a VB VM working nicely, but I believe John did.

Haven't played with Parallels myself - but I got VirtualBox working (on
a mac host) in pretty short order for High Sierra and Catalina.  I have had
issues trying to get VMware working on a Linux host for macOS. There are
other solutions to VM's but those aren't appropriate discussions on this
mailing list.