[mythtv-users] Skewed text and video display on widescreen 5120x1440

A. F. Cano afc54 at comcast.net
Mon Jan 18 22:17:43 UTC 2021

On Sat, Jan 16, 2021 at 06:47:56PM +0100, Alain wrote:
>    On 16.01.21 18:40, Alain wrote:
>
>      On 15.01.21 19:07, Mark Kendall wrote:
>
>  The size info looks OK in the EDID;

At first I thought: this is something I have no idea how to solve, but
then I remembered that way back then I had an overscan issue with the
Samsung TV, and only with the Samsung TV, mythtv on computer displays
was working just fine.  After a lot of research I found an obscure
setting that allowed me to set the TV input to what it calls:

HDMI2/DVI DVI PC

and that solved the issue.  Now the picture on the TV is perfect and
matches perfectly the 1080 resolution.  The key seemed to be the "DVI"
or "DVI PC" part.  I did post details to this list then.

This might not be the reason for your issue, but it's worth checking if
you might have some setting in that monitor similar to what I had to
deal with.

Augustine