[mythtv-users] MythTv and what to control a Satellite Diseqc motor

Klaas de Waal klaas.de.waal at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 19:42:43 UTC 2021

On Mon, 18 Jan 2021 at 15:04, KKing <kicking177 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a Technomate 2600 satellite motor which is controlled via a
> failing Technomate satellite receiver while I watch via a cheap 2nd
> satellite receiver.
> I'm looking at using MythTv, can MythTV control the motor?
> Does it depend on type of DVB card I get for PC?
> Any recommendations or suggestions.
> K.

There is definitely DiSEqC satellite motor control present in the MythTV
code. I do expect any DVB-S/S2 card to work but you can check the DiSEqC
support of the card with what your satellite motor requires. According to
the comment in the code DiSEqC 1.2 and 1.3 should be OK.
However, I do not have a satellite motor myself and I am not aware of any
MythTV user that actually has a motorized satellite.
Your mileage may vary....

Klaas.