[mythtv-users] Live TV bug.

Douglas Peale Douglas_Peale at Comcast.net
Sun Jan 17 18:54:35 UTC 2021

On 1/17/21 10:01 AM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> Hoi Douglas,
>
> I always, on the rare occasion I use livetv, try to watch a little bit
> before the live moment. So when I start it, I first pause it for 30
> seconds or so.
>
> At some time long ago I had heard that watching to close to live could
> give unpredictable results.
>
> Sunday, January 17, 2021, 4:00:54 AM, you wrote:

What happens when you don't delay is that the picture stutters. If you delay once, skipping forward can only get you to within
about 5 seconds of live, so that problem does not happen.

I can't remember if the problem occurred the first time I paused, or I had paused previously, then got caught up to real time
during the commercials. I'll try to pay attention to this next time it happens.