[mythtv-users] Problem building fixes/31 from source on gentoo

mythtv mythtv at mdabbs.org
Thu Jan 14 23:29:36 UTC 2021

I'm building fixes/31 from source on gentoo. It compiles and install but
when I run, it says:

mythfrontend: error while loading shared libraries: libdav1d.so.4:

I originally had dav1d installed but it was version 0.8.0 which included
libdav1d.so.5. I tried to create a symlink of libdav1d.so.4 to  the
version 5 files but it complained about missing symbols.  I then
uninstalled dav1d and reconfigured and the output shows:

libaom   (AV1)            yes
libdav1d (AV1)            no

but I still get the error when I try to launch mythfrontend.