[mythtv-users] MythTV frontend on Chromecast With Google TV can't connect to DB

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Thu Jan 14 13:12:46 UTC 2021

> On 14 Jan 2021, at 8:26 pm, James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 7:23 AM Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:
> Obvious question, are the versions still the same as each other since the backend rebuild?
>
> Ah good point. I'll need to check to see if the Android app supports 31.
>
> The Google Play store says "If you plan to use this application, you are required to have a fully functioning MythTV Backend version v0.28+".
>
> So in theory it should be OK with v31. But the app hasn't been updated since September 2018, so maybe not.
>

> It's not in the Google app sore
>
> https://dl.bintray.com/bennettpeter/generic/

I am just playing with my rockpi 4, so all this (android stuff) is new please forgive me if I sprout rubbish:

Each frontend and backend are matched by the database schema.
A front end that says v28 will not work with any other rev of backend.
(On  occasion this has been not true, but in general it is)
James