[mythtv-users] icons

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Thu Jan 14 11:43:58 UTC 2021

> On 14 Jan 2021, at 7:28 pm, David Watkins <watkinshome at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> The backend log will have an entry SIMILAR to this:
>
>   Using configuration directory = /home/mythtv/.mythtv
>
> That should reflect how the backend was started and possibly changed
> is MYTHCONFDIR was set (MYTHCONFDIR overrides HOME).
>
> See if the ChannelIcons Storage Group exists and if so where it
> points. If it doesn't exist then the directory is automatically
> set to ~mythtv/.mythtv/channels. Or some other user's path.

2021-01-13 10:21:52.489294 N [30701/30701] thread_unknown mythdirs.cpp:205 (InitializeMythDirs) - Using configuration directory = /home/jam/.mythtv

and

[sandypit] /home/jam [1002]% ls ./.mythtv/channels/
180px-ABC3_logo.png  abc3_au.png         national_indigenous_tv.png   seven-two.png
4me_au.png           abc_hd_au.png       one_ca.png                   ten_network_au.png
7mate.png            abc_news_24_au.png  sbs861c4b17d8fc1856b814.png  topv_food_channel.png
7mate.png.0x57.png   abc-news-24.png     sbs_au_hd.png                tvsn_au.png
7network_au.png      channel_9_mm.png    sbs_one_au.png               west_television.png
7network_au_two.png  eleven_au.png       sbs_plus.png
7network_hd.png      eleven.png          sbs_two_au.png
abc1_au.png          fresh_us.png        seven-mate.png

as well as

MariaDB [mythconverg]> select chanid, icon, visible from channel;
| chanid | icon                       | visible |
|  10007 | 7network_au.png            |       1 |
|  10071 | 7network_au.png            |       1 |
|  10072 | 7network_au_two.png        |       1 |

Alas no cigar, even after restart
James