[mythtv-users] icons

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 13:43:36 UTC 2021

On 13/01/2021 11:33, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
> On 13/01/2021 10:08, Vincent McIntyre wrote:
>> On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 09:23:24AM +0000, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
>>>
>>> Probably there are no icons for your channels on our
>>> source (lyngsat). Have a look there and see if they
>>> are or not.
>>>
>>> AU icon data used to come from the sheppard grabber
>>> iirc....
>>>
>>> I also have a todo item to add support for the picons
>>> data source for icons.
>>
>> lyngsat now prevent downloading of icons, as I understand it.
>> The shepherd list had a discussion of this early last year I think.
>>

> They definitely did for a while, but the last time i'd checked
> it was back again.
>
> What isn't clear from the original post, by "doesn't work"
> is it meant that no results are returned from the icon search
> service?
>

> Regards
> Stuart
>

>> You could try this
>> http://www.lighterra.com/mythtvchannelicons/
>> and this has some likely looking icon sources as well
>> https://github.com/ShephedProject/shepherd/blob/master/logo_list.txt
>>
>> Cheers
>> Vince

Running master, but I hadn't seen or scanned for icons for a long time.
After a scan today ~/.mythtv/channels/ has 187 files ( and the channel
scan finds 137 DVB-T UK channels.) There are .jpgs from 2014 and .pngs
from 2016 and today.  I had forgotten where they ought to appear.  They
show up in my EPG screen in MythCenter-Wide.

John P