[mythtv-users] Curious fast forward problem

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jan 6 21:41:19 UTC 2021

On 01/06/2021 11:49 AM, mythtv wrote:
> Since this is live-tv, where do I turn off commercial skip processing?

You'd have to disable real-time commercial detection (for all
recordings) in settings.  That means that for your recordings (including
Live TV), commercial detection wouldn't start until the recording finishes.

Start auto-commercial-detection jobs when the recording starts
If enabled, and Auto Commercial Detection is ON for a recording, the
flagging job will be started as soon as the recording starts. NOT
recommended on underpowered systems.

After testing, you could re-enable the setting.  I'm pretty sure you'll
have to restart all backends and frontends after changing the setting.

Mike