[mythtv-users] Incorrect sorting of UPNP 'Date' folder?

Chris and Helen Bamford chris at bammers.net
Mon Jan 4 17:35:21 UTC 2021

Hi,

I was excited to find that my new Samsung TV can see my MythTV Server on
my home LAN, a big improvement on my old one.  (From reading around the
subject I believe this is through the UPNP interface but I'm not an
expert.)

However, when I browse through the 'Recordings' folder structure to find
the most recently-recorded items by entering the 'Date' folder, I do not
see the entries sorted correctly by time. Rather, they are sorted
alphanumerically by strings like 'Fri Dec 20 2016' and 'Fri Feb 21 2020'
- which is arbitrary and not a true date sort.  Obviously it makes
finding things difficult.

This seems like a trivial problem, but it is in fact (for me anyway)
important as finding stuff by date/time is my primary usecase.

Having read all the guidance I am hesitant to raise a ticket, but I did
look through the bug database and as far as I could see this issue is
not in there.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for my next step?

Thanks

- Chris