[mythtv-users] MythTV Light on RPi 3b

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sat Jan 2 13:42:54 UTC 2021

On Sat, 2 Jan 2021 09:45:52 +0100, you wrote:

>Thanks for the suggestions.
>
>On 02/01/2021 07:11, Andrew Ruthven wrote:
>> Is the correct keymap configured in /etc/vconsole.conf ?
>
>> My RPi's don't have this file but my Debian laptop does. It is
>> apparently a systemd method of setting the keymapping. See
>> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Linux_console/Keyboard_configuration#Persistent_configuration
>
>My RPis don't have that file, either.
>
>> That same page also suggests you can use: loadkeys <keymap>
>> If /etc/vconsole.conf is present and correct, then you could try
>> running loadkeys in rc.local - it is possible that you have an ordering
>> issue in systemd...
>
>The manpage for loadkeys says the keymaps are in /usr/share/keymaps
>
>I assume that I should pick one from /usr/share/keymaps/i386
>
>I can't find a keymap for a German keyboard there.
>
>However, before I change anything - the keyboard in the console *is*
>correctly German. It is only the mapping in mythfrontend that is US.
>
>Any other ideas?
>
>Regards
>
>Jeff

MythTV does have some language settings, but I do not know if they
affect the keyboard:

MariaDB [mythconverg]> select * from settings where value =
'Language';
+----------+-------+----------+
| value    | data  | hostname |
+----------+-------+----------+
| Language | en_GB | NULL     |
| Language | en_GB | mypvr    |
2 rows in set (0.001 sec)

I am not sure where to find them in mythfrontend or mythtv-setup.  I
seem to remember there is a locale setting that you get asked for if
you start either program when config.xml is invalid.  After the locale
setting, you set up the backend to connect to, and it should create a
config.xml from that, but it must also store the locale setting at the
same time.  There is likely another place to change it later.