[mythtv-users] MythTV Light on RPi 3b

Andrew Ruthven andrew at etc.gen.nz
Sat Jan 2 06:11:27 UTC 2021

On Thu, 2020-12-31 at 12:30 +0100, Jeff wrote:
> I now have the problem that although my (German) keyboard is
> correctly
> set up in the console, mythfrontend still thinks that it is en_US.
>
> I am not running X, to reduce overhead - as suggested on the wiki:
>
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi#Frontend_Setup_on_Raspbian
>
> Before the stretch->buster upgrade, when running lxde, the keyboard
> worked as expected.
>
> Has anyone any ideas how to get mythfrontend to use a different
> keymap?

Is the correct keymap configured in /etc/vconsole.conf ?

My RPi's don't have this file but my Debian laptop does. It is
apparently a systemd method of setting the keymapping. See
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Linux_console/Keyboard_configuration#Persistent_configuration

That same page also suggests you can use: loadkeys <keymap>
If /etc/vconsole.conf is present and correct, then you could try
running loadkeys in rc.local - it is possible that you have an ordering
issue in systemd...

Cheers,
Andrew

--