[mythtv-users] Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021

Jay Foster jayf0ster at roadrunner.com
Sun Feb 28 01:15:15 UTC 2021

On 2/27/21 4:53 PM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> Hoi Jay,
>
> Sunday, February 28, 2021, 1:27:20 AM, you wrote:

>>> Yes I have.
>>> jay at mythbox:/usr/share/mythtv/metadata$ ls -l Television/
>>> total 188
>>> -rwxrwxr-x 1 jay  jay    5555 Feb 26 11:25 tmdb3tv.py
>>> -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 133392 Aug 26  2018 ttvdb.py
>>> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root    248 Jan 26  2018 tvdb_test.conf
>>> -rwxrwxr-x 1 jay  jay   21512 Feb 27 12:59 tvmaze.py
>>> -rw-rw-r-- 1 jay  jay   17220 Feb 26 11:25 tvmaze_tests.txt
>>> jay at mythbox:/usr/share/mythtv/metadata$
>>>
>>>   From the frontend, when I go to Artwork and Data Sources, I see a brief
>>> popup stating that MythTV is scanning sources, but the Television
>>> selection box has only one choice filled in (the existing ttvdb.py).
>>> Jay
>
>> When I compare the previous tmdb3 directory with the new tmdb3 directory
>> (in /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/MythTV), I notice that the new
>> tvdb3 directory is missing the lookup.py script.  Is that needed?  Where
>> do I get it for the new version?
>> Jay
>
> Have you installed the 31 bindings in python3 or have you updated the
> python2 bindings from your mythtv version?
> And have you correspondingly adapted the first line of the grabber
> files under /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television and Movie to point
> to the right python version?
>
> What is the response to:
> tvmaze.py -t
> tmdb3tv.py -t
> tmdb3.py -t
>
> If either of the grabber file does not respond with:
> "Everything appears in order."
> it probably will not be seen as a valid option and won't show in the
> selection list.
>
> Tot mails,
>    Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com
>
> "Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
> Zonder leven is er geen hoop
> Het eeuwige dilemma
> Zeker als je hoop moet vernietigen om te kunnen overleven!"
>
> De lerende Mens

Yes, I have done each of those tasks, and the test option reports
everything looks okay.
jay at mythbox:/usr/share/mythtv/metadata$ ./Television/tmdb3tv.py -t
Everything appears in order.
jay at mythbox:/usr/share/mythtv/metadata$ ./Television/tvmaze.py -t
Everything appears in order.
jay at mythbox:/usr/share/mythtv/metadata$ ./Movie/tmdb3.py -t