[mythtv-users] Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 00:53:28 UTC 2021

Hoi Jay,

Sunday, February 28, 2021, 1:27:20 AM, you wrote:

> On 2/27/21 4:11 PM, Jay Foster wrote:

>>> Did you copy tmdb3tv.py to the "/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television"
>>> driectory? On 0.29 the mythtv frontend seems to scan the contents of
>>> the directory to populate the Artwork and Data Sources choices.
>>>
>>> John
>>
>> Yes I have.
>> jay at mythbox:/usr/share/mythtv/metadata$ ls -l Television/
>> total 188
>> -rwxrwxr-x 1 jay  jay    5555 Feb 26 11:25 tmdb3tv.py
>> -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 133392 Aug 26  2018 ttvdb.py
>> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root    248 Jan 26  2018 tvdb_test.conf
>> -rwxrwxr-x 1 jay  jay   21512 Feb 27 12:59 tvmaze.py
>> -rw-rw-r-- 1 jay  jay   17220 Feb 26 11:25 tvmaze_tests.txt
>> jay at mythbox:/usr/share/mythtv/metadata$
>>
>>  From the frontend, when I go to Artwork and Data Sources, I see a brief
>> popup stating that MythTV is scanning sources, but the Television
>> selection box has only one choice filled in (the existing ttvdb.py).
>> Jay

> When I compare the previous tmdb3 directory with the new tmdb3 directory
> (in /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/MythTV), I notice that the new
> tvdb3 directory is missing the lookup.py script.  Is that needed?  Where
> do I get it for the new version?
> Jay

Have you installed the 31 bindings in python3 or have you updated the
python2 bindings from your mythtv version?
And have you correspondingly adapted the first line of the grabber
files under /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television and Movie to point
to the right python version?

What is the response to:
tvmaze.py -t
tmdb3tv.py -t
tmdb3.py -t

If either of the grabber file does not respond with:
"Everything appears in order."
it probably will not be seen as a valid option and won't show in the
selection list.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven