[mythtv-users] Current generation low-power graphics card to use for 4K TV (both MythTV frontent and content)

Tim Draper veehexx at zoho.com
Sat Feb 27 09:21:02 UTC 2021

---- On Mon, 01 Feb 2021 21:47:40 +0000 Deyan <mythtv at bektchiev.net> wrote ----

Thank you very much for the replies and the very detailed information from Mark!

This gives me a base to start looking - I was considering the 3400G but wasn't sure if that would be enough - I might start with it and then consider discrete options later.

Regards,

Deyan

bit late to the party but figured i'd also chime in.. I'm using an athlon 3000g for my BE, which uses vega3 graphics. this review shows it can do 4k at 60fps 10bit HDR on both vp9 p2 and h265 GPU decoding without issue: https://androidpctv.com/review-amd-athlon-3000g-opinion/

icing on the cake for me is it's also a 35w cpu which can be passively cooled

while the 3000g is not on a FE that i can actually test, i have been playing with emby and it appears to even be able to handle transcoding a single 4k video down to 720p on CPU side. let alone GPU, but thats needs an emby licence which i havent bought.