[mythtv-users] Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021

Roland Ernst rcrernst at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 17:44:11 UTC 2021

On Thu, Feb 25, 2021 at 9:36 PM John Finlay via mythtv-users <
mythtv-users at mythtv.org> wrote:

> On my system with python2.7 I had to hack the lookup.py file line 300 from:
>
>     if query.isnumeric():
>
> to:
>
>     if unicode(query).isnumeric():
>
> because the string in query is not unicode.
>
> John

John,
please try to change line 300 of lookup.py from

     if query.isnumeric():

to:

    if query.isdigit():

The *isdigit*() method returns True if all the characters are digits,
otherwise False.
And works for unicode strings and ascii strings in python2.
This should be compatible to python3 and python2.

Thanks,
Roland