[mythtv-users] Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 17:30:10 UTC 2021

Hoi Peter,

> On 2/25/21 1:45 PM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
>> Get the latest version of mythtv from github:
>>      Make directory where to place it and go there

> Hika has written detailed instructions for installing the metadata
> changes manually on versions of MythTV older than v31. I have added
> these instructions to the wiki page at
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Metadata_Lookup_Changes_March_2021 . The
> instructions are not simple and are not officially supported. Be
> prepared for problems! Let me know if you find things that can be
> improved in the instructions.

> Thank you Hika!

> Note - I removed the part about fixing the bug because that has now been
> fixed in github.

> Peter

One update for older installations. I have one old dedicated frontend
that is beyond updating. I have sometimes to reinstall everything. It
is still running with python 2.7.10 and next to earlier mentioned
python modules it was missing urllib3. The latest version of urllib3
that would install is 1.24.2
https://github.com/urllib3/urllib3/releases/tag/1.24.2

After that it worked OK. Not bad for a machine/installation untouched
since 2015! Except for moving it from an old big tv to a flatscreen 4
years ago.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven