[mythtv-users] Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Thu Feb 25 16:01:52 UTC 2021

On Thu, 25 Feb 2021 15:57:14 +0100, you wrote:

>Hoi Stephen,

>Thanks, I googled and got that version. But a searching directly on
>pypi.org gave me the right version:
>https://pypi.org/project/future/
>
>and now it works OK.
>
>In the mean time I tried installing the complete recent bindings on
>python3 next to the old one on python2. I get:
>ERROR: <class 'MythTV.exception.MythError'> : No viable database module found
>
>I guess mythtv/mythtv/bindings/python/setup.py from git does not
>install the complete bindings? Or are other python modules missing?

In Ubuntu 20.04 from my v31-fixes install from the PPA packages, I
have a copy of what looks like this:

https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/tree/master/mythtv/bindings/python/MythTV

installed in this directory:

/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/MythTV

That looks to be the full set of files for the Python 3 bindings.