[mythtv-users] Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021

James jam at tigger.ws
Wed Feb 24 23:05:01 UTC 2021

> On 25 Feb 2021, at 5:54 am, John Finlay via mythtv-users <mythtv-users at mythtv.org> wrote:
>
> On 2/24/2021 10:08 AM, Peter Bennett wrote:

>>> Hoi Peter,
>>>
>>> I might. I run Gentoo with both python 2 and 3 and know my python. I
>>> still run 0.27.
>>> Where can I find the package? Is it possible to fool these older
>>> versions by renaming the new package to the old name or is the in-
>>> and/or output different?
>>>
>>> Tot mails,
>>>    Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com
>>>
>>> "Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
>>> Zonder leven is er geen hoop
>>> Het eeuwige dilemma
>>> Zeker als je hoop moet vernietigen om te kunnen overleven!"
>>>
>>> De lerende Mens
>>>
>> Hi Hika
>>
>> It should work if you copy the new scripts into your system. The new scripts are supposed to be compatible with both python2 and python3. They definitely work with python 3.
>>
>> Check your python path by running
>> python3
>> import sys
>> sys.path
>>
>> Find the correct path for dist-packages, using the same one that is used for your old version of mythtv.
>>
>> Copy the files from the latest MythTV github, on both backend and frontend (using your correct dist-packages path):
>>
>> github  mythtv/bindings/python/tmdb3/tmdb3/* -> /usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/MythTV/tmdb3/
>>
>> github  mythtv/bindings/python/tvmaze/* -> /usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/MythTV/tvmaze/
>>
>> These use the /usr/share path:
>>
>> github mythtv/programs/scripts/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/
>>
>> github mythtv/programs/scripts/metadata/Television/tvmaze.py -> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/
>>
>> Compile the new stuff in /usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/MythTV subdirectories to create the __pycache__ directory in each.
>> python3 -m py_compile *.py
>>
>> Test it by running these
>>
>> Display help page
>> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -h
>>
>> Display series data xml
>> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -l en -a US -M Monk
>>
>> Display episode data xml
>> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -l en -a US -N 1695 "Mr. Monk and the Psychic"
>>
>> Display episode data xml
>> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -l en -a US -N Monk "Mr. Monk and the Psychic"
>>
>> Run the same tests for tvmaze.py
>>
>> Let me know if this works.
>>
>> Note: You need to install them on all frontends and backend.
>>
>> Peter
>
> I'm running 0.29 on mythbuntu 16.04. All the mythtv python libs are in the python2.7 dist-packages so that's where I installed the tmdb3 and tvmaze files. It appears that tvmaze.py requires python 3 so I just tried testing tmdb3.py but it bombed trying to retrieve the episode data:

> [...]

I just installed John's osx build.
I see the grabber options for TV but not fot the movie grabber..
I've not understood is only the TV grabber affected for now.

Pardon the dumb question: As for as I can tell the TV grabber grabs cover art (which sometimes obscures the listings

http://tigger.ws/downloads/myth.png <http://tigger.ws/downloads/myth.png>

what else does it give?

James