[mythtv-users] Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021

Ian Campbell ijc at hellion.org.uk
Tue Feb 23 20:27:02 UTC 2021

Heads up for anyone using the deb-multimedia packages:

On Mon, 2021-02-22 at 15:41 -0500, Peter Bennett wrote:
> You can select one of these options in mythfrontend -> setup ->
> Artwork and Data Sources -> Television Metadata Source.

I'm running 31.0+fixes20210206.git7763a3363d-dmo1 from the deb-
multimedia.org packages so I should have the new TheMovieDB TV option
but not yet the tvmaze one. However the file is not executable so the
frontend doesn't find it. Fixed for now with:

   $ sudo chmod +x /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py

and reported to the deb-multimedia.org maintainer.

I presume this is a packaging issue not a mythtv build/install issue
otherwise it would have been mentioned here already.

Cheers,
Ian.