[mythtv-users] Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 15:51:46 UTC 2021

On 2/23/21 5:41 AM, Paul Gardiner wrote:
> I was thinking I would make changes with SQL. My understanding may
> well be off, but I imagined that only the recording rules matter. All
> existing recordings will just stay as they are. I'm assuming that any
> update process (if there is one), when failing, will just leave the
> metadata as is.
>
> For the recording rules I was thinking to just NULL all the inetref
> fields and let mythbackend recreate them. I think there's some sort of
> automatic process for that.
>
> Am I way off here?

mythbackend will not update inetref in the recording rules.
metadatalookup for individual recordings will update it for the
recording but will not update the recording rule. You can leave the
entries in the recording rules blank and metadata lookup will find a
result based on the name. If the first result for that name is the
correct show, it will work fine. The main reason for adding the inetref
to a recording rule is for when there are more than one show with the
same name, and it may select the wrong one. Another reason is if the
name in tmaze or tmdb does not match the name in the schedule. (Like all
the PBS shows called xxxxx on Masterpiece where xxxxx is the actual show
name.)