[mythtv-users] Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 12:13:54 UTC 2021

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 7:01 AM glen <glenb at glenb.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 2021-02-23 at 06:56 -0500, James Abernathy wrote:
>

> On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 5:44 AM Paul Gardiner <lists at glidos.net> wrote:
>
> On 22/02/2021 22:49, John Hoyt wrote:
> >
> >       * *TheMovieDB.org V3 television*. TheMovieDB is used for Movie
> >         lookups. It can now be used for TV series lookups as well.
> >       * *TVmaze.com*.
> >

> > Is there any benefit to using one over the other?
>
> All updated and working here. In a test, admittedly with just one show,
> I seemed to get much better results with TheMovieDB.org V3 television.
>

> Not sure I understand all this and not sure if I should care, but I'll ask
> anyway.
>
> 1.  I updated the backend, and all frontends including FireTV and
> Nvidia Shield TV to v31.0-138.
> 2.  I don't know how to change anything about metadata lookups so I
> probably have not messed with it.
> 3. This morning everything that recorded yesterday has metadata, like
> details on the story plot, actors, trailer stills
>
> So have I done all I need to do?
>
> Jim A
>
> in frontend in setup, choose artwork and metadata and set tv to one of the
> two new sources. tmdb or tvmaze. the ttvdb will not work after march 1st.
> currently it still works.

Only my PC based front ends have anything in the Artwork and Metadata setup
and it's TheMovieDB.org v3 that is mentioned in the OP. The Television
section has that as well, but can be changed to tvmaze, but it's set the
same as movies now. Android TV frontends don't have anything in those
fields, which I'm told is normal.

So I didn't change anything and the updates seem to have updated those
settings now for the March 31st change.