[mythtv-users] UK Freeview Sky Arts different programid for the same episode in the onairguide

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 11:19:28 UTC 2021

Sky Arts was recently added to the UK Freeview service and I've added it to
my lineup.

MythTV is recording unwanted duplicates of the same episode.  I assume this
is because the onairguide data for that channel carries different programid
values for the same episode:

mysql> select chanid, programid,title,subtitle from program where
chanid=20011 and title like "%landscape%";
+--------+-------------------------+------------------------------+-----------------------------------------+
| chanid | programid               | title                        |
subtitle                                |
+--------+-------------------------+------------------------------+-----------------------------------------+
|  20011 | www.sky.com/g_s45061104 | Landscape Artist Of The Year | West
Reservoir, Stoke Newington, London |
|  20011 | www.sky.com/g_s45061174 | Landscape Artist Of The Year | West
Reservoir, Stoke Newington, London |
|  20011 | www.sky.com/g_s45061306 | Landscape Artist Of The Year | West
Reservoir, Stoke Newington, London |
|  20011 | www.sky.com/g_s45061256 | Landscape Artist Of The Year | West
Reservoir, Stoke Newington, London |
|  20011 | www.sky.com/g_s45060807 | Landscape Artist Of The Year | Queen
Elizabeth Olympic Park, Stratford |
|  20011 | www.sky.com/g_s45060843 | Landscape Artist Of The Year | Queen
Elizabeth Olympic Park, Stratford |
+--------+-------------------------+------------------------------+-----------------------------------------+

(I haven't listed the descriptions because they're too wordy, but they're
are identical for each of the two episodes above.  Series and Episode
numbers match as well)

All duplicate matching options in the mythtv scheduler seem to use
programid first and, if they're different then it doesn't flag a duplicate
even if Title,Subtitle,Description etc. are the same?

I haven't come across this issue before - is it a feature of Sky program
data?

At the moment I am creating 'ignore' rules for the subsequent showings.  Is
there a better way?  Sod's law says that there are about 8 showings of each
episode of this series during each week - I have come to the last episode
though.