[mythtv-users] Anyone running MythTV 31 on 32-bit x86 with nVidia card?

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 22:46:53 UTC 2021

On 2/11/21, Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 11, 2021 at 9:11 PM Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> If you mean the playback profile, my default has always used VDPAU for
>> everything. Again, what everyone seems to be missing is that none of
>> that would explain why it uses VDPAU just fine in 29.1 (which I'm
>> using now) and failed in version 30, with everything (including the
>> playback profile) being the same.
>
> So, have you done the git bisect to find the commit
> that is impacting you?

Unfortunately given where I'm at now, that won't be possible. The
original issue I had was after updating from 29.1 to 30 and I ended up
reverting back to 29.1 (this is compiled on Gentoo by the way).
Currently I'm still on 29.1. In fact, just today I figured out how to
patch my existing 29.1 to allow me to recompile it after applying a
few fixes...so I'm probably staying on that for now. All I know is
that I had this issue in version 30 (which included some significant
changes to FFmpeg calls from 29.1).

>From what I understand (based on a reply in that above bug) the
hardware acceleration FFmpeg stuff in 31 has been radically redone.
The main purpose of my original email here was to see if any others
had issues getting that sample to play with VDPAU in version 31. I
find it interesting that George above (using a GT430 as well only on a
64 bit system) had it apparently revert to software. That's the first
sign I've seen of any such issue on 64-bit.

Tom