[mythtv-users] mac build

John Hoyt john.hoyt at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 21:40:31 UTC 2021

> Q; is there a GIT/SVN/CVS/somethingotherthan 'the latest current file'
> repository of the code history that's publically accessible?
> I like looking back at the commit history for things like this, and was
> attempting to find it on Sourceforge but to no avail.

Sorry about that.  I've been using the SourceForge site (since I inherited
ownership of it last summer) as a place to post binaries. More recently I
have been also using it as a method to post development / in process
updates mostly out of convenience.  Unfortunately it was never setup with
cvs/git, so it doesn't have any revision history (like you just pointed out)

The mythtv packing git repo does have a series of commits for the script
here:
https://github.com/MythTV/packaging/tree/master/OSX/build/macports_ansible
.

That's probably the best place for you to find any commit history.  There
isn't too much history to the file (10 or so commits) since I only got it
working last May when I finally decided to roll up my sleeves and get
mythtv compiling on macOS again.

Since I don't (and probably shouldn't :) ) have commit writes, the updates
tend to be infrequent as I try to minimize my pestering of the Devs (thanks
again Bill for all of the help).

Likewise for the mythtv ansible repo (
https://github.com/MythTV/ansible/tree/master/roles/mythtv-macports/tasks).

I do have a personal git repo reserved for my own thrashing (both the
compile script and ansible) - but I will be honest in saying it's not very
disciplined in commit comments. When making a pull request to the mythtv
packaging repo, I tend to pull from my personal repo cleaning up /
squashing the commit messages after testing locally.