[mythtv-users] mac build

John Hoyt john.hoyt at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 14:55:41 UTC 2021

> I downloaded your latest build and ran (10.13 version) on High Sierra
> where it works perfectly.

Great!

> I formatted and re-installed Catalina on my laptop.
> I have installed iTerm, Firefox and XCode. I have not installed macports.
> I downloaded and installed Mythfrontend.ap (ver 10.13)
> <click> did nothing so

To be clear, you're using the 10.13 built app on Catalina?  With or without
plugins?  Why not just the 10.15 built App?  You will get better video
performance.

Did you check in system security preferences to allow third party apps?
You'll also have to authorize the app to open.

> This has to be a build issue since my system is virgin. I’ll now install
> macports and no doubt when the libjpeg goes in the app will work.

That's quite possible, but more likely a missed dylib link that should
point internally.

What is the exact name of the .dmg file you are trying?