[mythtv-users] mac build

John Hoyt john.hoyt at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 18:16:29 UTC 2021

> The pkg-config environment variable works sort of the opposite that you
> might expect.  "PKG_CONFIG_SYSTEM_INCLUDE_PATH=${prefix}/include” means
> DON’T supply that include path in the list of returned directories as it is
> assumed to be the default (last) search path when compiling.
>

> I found out about this on the pkg-config mailing list:
>
> This isn't documented (should be), but you can override pkg-config's
> notion of the system include path with the environment variable
> PKG_CONFIG_SYSTEM_INCLUDE_PATH. If that's not set, it uses the compiled in
> defaults. That's been in pkg-config for a long time, so it should work with
> the version you have. This should be in the form of a path style variable
> with : separators.
>

> Craig

Thanks Craig - I think I have it figured out.  It was pretty annoying to
hunt down, but I needed a combination of  PKG_CONFIG_SYSTEM_INCLUDE_PATH
being set correct and had to modify my c/c++ extra flags to not put
/opt/local at the front of the include path.

Once I finish testing on my computer and my build VM's I'll make a pull
request posting the updates.

...still no clue why James' installed application is pointing to /opt/local
for jpeg... James, can you remind me what version you've installed (High
SIerra, Catalina, with or without plugins, git version).