[mythtv-users] mac build

John Hoyt john.hoyt at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 14:17:41 UTC 2021

> The key is that you don’t have to download any ports--and possibly build
> some from source.  An installer is kept that contains a compressed archive
> of all the files contained in the port.

Thanks Craig, that is a great tip!

BTW - I'm trying a variant of your suggested
"PKG_CONFIG_SYSTEM_INCLUDE_PATH" fix.

It turns out that I already have in the compile script where
PKGMGR_INST_PATH=/opt/local :

PKG_CONFIG_SYSTEM_INCLUDE_PATH=$PKGMGR_INST_PATH/include

Which I believe sets the search path to look for macports dylibs first,
then the local ones - hence why a local ffmpeg install stomps the dylibs in
the mythtv compile.

I'm changing that to:

PKG_CONFIG_SYSTEM_INCLUDE_PATH=$SRC_DIR/external:$PKGMGR_INST_PATH/include

Which I hope makes the compiler / pkg_config first look for the locally
compiled mythtv ffmpeg libraries.