[mythtv-users] lossless_cut.py and MythTV v31

Angela angela.schmid at wolke7.net
Wed Feb 3 21:28:41 UTC 2021

>https://github.com/Bragorr/Lossless_Cut

>Maybe this forum post is of interest?

> <https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=2955&p=14235> https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=2955&p=14235

I started with the Lossless_cut from Doug Vaughan (last discussion with him was on mythtv-users in 2013, keyframe problematic).

I made adaptions for exporting to Mythvideo (directory/filenaming based on Title/Subtitle), fixes for unicode.

>From Bragorr I used some of his Python syntax changes needed from a specifc Python 2 version.

It was always difficult when Lossless_cut crashed to know the source of the exception, so I added log_traceback.

https://github.com/angelaschmid/lossless_cut

In conjunction with Lossless_cut I raised some issues.

https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/13092

#13092: Python BEConnection:backendCommand timeout too low and improper protocol implementation

For this I might run some personal fixes, as described in the ticket.

https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/12642

#12642: Python binding socket UnicodeEncodeError (solved)

I am on v29-fixes, all is working.

I saw v31-fixes is some 2000 commits behind master, so I might wait for v32. Is it somewhere documented what is worked on for v32?

> On Wed, Feb 3, 2021 at 10:35 AM Stephen Worthington < <mailto:stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:

>2to3 conversion program and fixing the #! line, the things that were still needing fixing were all in the file I/O where you now need to explicitly choose whether you are reading the data as binary or as Unicode text.  Frequently, all that needed doing was to just add a 'b'

Interesting, that could speed up the migration.