[mythtv-users] Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD issues

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 20:47:33 UTC 2021

On 02/02/2021 19:50, Simon Hobson wrote:
> I've just pulled out my old HVR-1250 (IIRC) cards and replaced them with a new QuadHD card. It's working fine, giving me 4 tuners (and eliminating the recording errors due to poor signal*), but I've a couple of issues :
>

> I can't find where to configure multi-rec.
> That's one of those "so long sine I last did it, can't remember how I did it" things.
> According to https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Record_multiple_channels_from_one_multiplex it's just a case of going into the advanced settings and setting the number of virtual tuners, and that's how I vaguely remember doing it. But it's just not there in my setup.
> It's shown as Silicon Labs Si2168 and subtype DVB-T2 - but no advanced settings option.

mythtv-setup > Input connections > select device > interactions between
inputs > max recordings

> It's not finding any DVB-T2 muxes.
> I should be getting at least 1 T2 mux, according to https://ukfree.tv/transmitters/tv/Winter_Hill the PSB3/BBCB mux should be on 585.8MHz. It's not found by a full scan, nor by a "scan an existing transport and find any linked ones" option. I suspect Com7 on 746MHz will be out of band for my aerial so I'm not bothered about that.
>

> Any thoughts ?
>
> Simon
>

> * having two cards I needed to use a splitter - so lost a lot of signal strength. It was fine when I first set it up here, but has degraded to the point where I had to remove the splitter and disable one of the cards - thus hitting limitations with only one real tuner.

Perhaps a bit late now, but a preamp before the splitter ought to
maintain the signal to noise ratio as well as boosting the level.  Newer
tuners do this on-chip.

I forget which release you have been using, but a *lot* of work has gone
into DVB channel scanning recently.

HTH

John P