[mythtv-users] mac build

John Hoyt john.hoyt at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 11:22:59 UTC 2021

Hi Mark, as it stands, the initial bug is fixed - James can now use the
cutlist editor (for the most part) and I've resolved my packaging error
that caused his metadata grabber issues.

Unfortunately, since backporting the MythButtonUIList fix that John P
suggested, James is now experiencing new intermittent segfaults with the
cutlist editor. I suspect it's another QT5 related issue (have nothing to
base that belief on...).  Any suggestions or thoughts on related fixes in
master (James is running fixes/31) would be appreciated.

It also appears from James' report that macOS is less robust to qt5 related
crashes and segfaults whereas Linux (not sure what flavor) does not. I'm
wondering if something could be added to or modified in the code to help
macOS handle whatever the issue is and avoid segfaults.

I have a development build fired up and can easily patch it / add print
statements to help in the bug finding process.

If you believe it to be on the qt5 compile side, I can also look into
that.  I'm now way too familiar with how qt5 gets compiled in macports.

Regards,
John