[mythtv-users] Build from source on Archlinux -Master

Roland Ernst rcrernst at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 19:01:43 UTC 2021

On Wed, Dec 29, 2021 at 5:15 PM James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I installed mythv v31 on Archlinux using "yay -S mythtv" to get the
> dependencies mostly installed. After setting up the backend, it's all
> working normally.
>
> Then I installed and cloned master. The ./configure worked fine.  However,
> the "sudo make install" had an error. The tail of that console is:
>
> running install_egg_info
> running egg_info
> writing MythTV.egg-info/PKG-INFO
> writing dependency_links to MythTV.egg-info/dependency_links.txt
> writing top-level names to MythTV.egg-info/top_level.txt
> reading manifest file 'MythTV.egg-info/SOURCES.txt'
> writing manifest file 'MythTV.egg-info/SOURCES.txt'
> removing
> '/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/MythTV-32.0._1-py3.10.egg-info' (and
> everything under it)
> Copying MythTV.egg-info to
> /usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/MythTV-32.0._1-py3.10.egg-info
> running install_scripts
> error: cannot copy tree 'build/scripts-3.10': not a directory
> make[1]: *** [Makefile:27: install] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/jim/build/mythtv/mythtv/bindings/python'
> make: *** [Makefile:75: bindings/python_install] Error 2
> [jim at den-pc mythtv]$
>
> The only dependencies I had to install beyond what v31 installed was:
> touchsound and python-setuptools. I must have missed something.
>
> Jim A

I don't think that you missed a dependency. Obviously the "MythTV" python
package is built.
The  scripts in question are 'mythpython', 'mythwikiscripts' and should be
built in a folder under
'mythtv/bindings/python/build/'
Could you please check the existence of such folder containing the scripts?

Additionally, check the log file of the build: Look for

running build_scripts
creating build/scripts-3.10
copying and adjusting scripts/mythpython -> build/scripts-3.10
copying and adjusting scripts/mythwikiscripts -> build/scripts-3.10

Roland