[mythtv-users] Limited Video Profiles on Master

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 14:26:58 UTC 2021

On 12/28/21 8:33 PM, James Abernathy wrote:
> I've been building mythtv from master on a test system recently.  I
> notice that when I'm configuring the Video, all the profiles seem to
> be only OpenGL. Even NVdec seems to only have OpenGL.
>
> So do I need to change something with the ./configure options?  Right
> now I only use ./configure --prefix=/usr
>
> BTW, OpenGL high quality is what I normally use, but I like to test
> them all from time to time.
>
> Jim A

The renderer is now always OpenGL. The hardware decoders decode into the
video hardware and then the result is displayed with OpenGL. So if you
select NVDEC profile you will see NVIDIA NVDEC acceleration & OpenGL
Hardware. There were previously other renderers like xvideo and vdpau
but they were removed. Does this answer the question?

Peter