[mythtv-users] convoluted questiom

Jay Harbeston jharbestonus at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 15:33:30 UTC 2021

> Mike thanks
> despite being told 'you probably need zoneminder' I probably would not have tried before reading your synopsis. I will build a test system the only hastle is to stop it talking to mummy and still be live on lan
> James

One thing you can consider is to go DIY for your cameras. This alleviates the problem of phoning home as you mentioned, and is also an inexpensive solution. ( Less than $10 US per camera ).

I used these ESP32  / Camera combos and installed the software that came with setting up to program them in the Arduino IDE. There are lots of YouTube videos showing how to program them.

Here is an amazon link for them:

https://www.amazon.com/AiTrip-ESP32-CAM-Bluetooth-Dual-core-Development/dp/B07WCFGMTF/

You will need to come up with a method for enclosing them, but  dummy security cameras can be ‘upgraded' with these to become true security cameras. :-)

Regards