[mythtv-users] FE/BE combo system locking-up

Bob mythtv at cox.net
Tue Dec 14 04:32:27 UTC 2021

I have done several searches and tried a few ideas, but I am not having
luck understanding why my BE/FE combo system is locking-up on me every 3
to 4 days.

Locking-up in this case means the screen is back, seems unresponsive,
and the hard drive LED is fully illuminated. The power button does not
force the system to power off. I did recently learn I can use Magic
SysRq to reboot the system (when I connect a keyboard).

Checking the logs after the fact, it appears mythfilldatabase is *not*
running when this happens.

I used LinHes for quite a while without issues. In July, I switched to
Debian 10 and two week ago I upgraded to Debian 11. I have an NVidia
1030 card using the NVidia drivers.

Please send suggestions.