[mythtv-users] No audio after upgrading video card

DryHeat122 dryheat122 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 20:16:37 UTC 2021

I had to replace my AV receiver because the old one crapped out. It would
not take the VGA signal coming from my Myth Box, so I had to replace its
video card with one that has HDMI out. I did so and it is working fine.
When I test the speakers in settings, they work.  However when I try to
play something in Myth there is no audio.

When I go to frontend settings, it shows several ALSA output devices, a
default, two ALSA:dmix CARD=Intel, DEV=0 or 1 (builtin audio), and four
ALSA:dmix CARD=Nvidia, DEV=3,7,8,9.  Why are there four devices for one
card?  What happened to 4,5,6?  Regardless, no sound when I select any of
the Nvidia devices.

Another odd thing is that when I select one of the Nvidia devices it says
Nvidia HDMI0 at the bottom.  But in settings the device is listed as
HDMI/Display port 2.

How to fix?