[mythtv-users] local-network-pingable.service

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Mon Dec 6 15:08:25 UTC 2021

On 06/12/2021 12:33, Werner Mahr wrote:
> Am Montag, 6. Dezember 2021, 12:29:03 CET schrieb Jim Abernathy:
>> I'm trying to clean up any race conditions that may exist in my
>> production backend since I have both HDHomeRun network tuners and PCIe
>> cards.
>
> Isn't just a dep of mythtv-backend on systemd-networkd-wait-online doing what
> you want?

As I understand it that wait is satisfied when /any/ network interface responds. That, of course,
will include the loopback interface, which can happen long before any external network activity is
complete, such as the distant tuner, etc, (or indeed the mythtv host itself) receiving a dhcp address.

--

Mike Perkins