[mythtv-users] Disable MythVideo filename parsing

revans revans42 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 20:54:43 UTC 2021

On Mon, 30 Aug 2021 12:32:26 -0500
revans <revans42 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 31 Aug 2021 05:03:52 +1200
> Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:
>

> > You may have some old metadata in the database, so even if you have
> > turned off all the metadata collection and updating, older files
> > that already have metadata will be affected.  You may need to
> > delete all the data in the metadata tables.
> >

> Then that is my problem if having any entries maybe other than title
> and filename because I use the fields for my own purposes (such as
> "subtitle").

I am looking in "videometadata" and I see many entries in subtitle,
season and episode which I did not enter and could not have been
fetched remotely (mythtv is blocked from internet access).  These
entries must have been made by mythtv by parsing the filename for
information and at the time the entries were made, most certainly all
"metadata lookups" were disabled.

It seems like something is populating these fields when I scan/update
the Videos directory even though all metadata lookup stuff should be
turned off.