[mythtv-users] HDMI output - audio to a different device.

stinga stinga+mythtv at wolf-rock.com
Wed Aug 11 11:59:04 UTC 2021

On 11/08/2021 19:39, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Aug 2021 at 8:21 pm, stinga <stinga+mythtv at wolf-rock.com
> <mailto:stinga%2Bmythtv at wolf-rock.com>> wrote:
>
>     G'day all,
>
>     I have:
>     4k TV with HDMI
>     2k amp with HDMI in.out
>
>     Currently I have
>     mythtv -> amp -> TV
>
>     but I can't get 4k on the TV due to the amp.
>
>     Can I have video on one HDMI and audio on another, maybe I just
>     need to
>     use mirror, so both HDMI outs are the same?
>     The graphics cards is a nvidia GP107 [GeForce GTX 1050]
>
>     I can;t see why I can't anyone have thoughts or a different
>

> You can have audio going out a different HDMI port. In the myth audio
> setup find the output that match the port. It will be either a ALSA:hw
> or ALSA:hdmi
>
> Try them all, you will need to configure video output on that hdmi
> port too even if it’s not going to be seen ultimately, you can’t have
> just audio.

G'day,

I have ALSA:hdmi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=1 currently.

How does ARC work, I did think about that, the TV is ARC compatible but
I don't think my amp is.

It looks like I can just add something so that the second screen works
but never show it and push the audio over it.

--
'ooroo

Stinga...(:)-)
Email: stinga+mythtv at wolf-rock.com  o
You need only two tools.        o /////
A hammer and duct tape. If it    /@   `\  /) ~
doesn't move and it should use  >  (O)  X<  ~  Fish!!
the hammer. If it moves and      `\___/'  \) ~
shouldn't, use the tape.           \\\