[mythtv-users] Kodi and MythTV, can't watch LiveTV

David Engel david at istwok.net
Tue Aug 10 02:19:01 UTC 2021

On Tue, Aug 10, 2021 at 10:17:14AM +1000, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Aug 2021 at 02:02, Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Jean-Yves

Hey Jean-Yves, long time, no see.

> The UI of Kodi is super nice and very intuitive, playback is also
> super smooth which is what I liked about it (I have a FireTV 4K stick
> that I was given by my work a couple years back to debug some code)

Must bite tongue. :) Seriously, Kodi always looks nice but always
leaves a power user like me lacking.  I use lots of MythTV frontend
features to make my TV wathcing as efficient as possible.

> Mythfrontend was a nice surprise, it looks exactly like what I'm used to.

That's the point.  It *is* the same frontend.  Unfortunately, it is
quite heavy wwight for many Android devices.  I almost exclusively use
Nvidia Shields.  I know they're too expensive for many but the MythTV
experience on them is qutie good.

I also have a Fire Stick 4k but haven't update and used it in a long,
long, time.  No guarantees but I'll see if can reporduce your problem
in the next few days.

> The MythTV wiki gives settings to apply that I can't find anywhere such as :
> "Enable new timestamp based playback speed (AVSync2)"
> "Advanced Playback Settings -> Allow YV12 "
> "Advanced Playback Settings -> Extra stage "
> I use MythTV 31, the doc seems to have been written for 30, I'm
> guessing those options were integrated by default and removed.

That information is dated and should be ignored.  For A/V sync, IIRC,
the only thing you should normally need to fiddle with is audio read
ahead.  For the others, it's best to use the defaults in the standard,
playback profiles.

David
--
David Engel