[mythtv-users] OT - anyone using the Lancaster (UK) transmitter ?

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Mon Aug 2 15:26:29 UTC 2021

TL;DR version: anyone using Lancaster (UK) for Freeview and having signal problems ?

Over the last week or so we've had signal issues (glitches, momentarily frozen blocks on screen, at times the TV saying "no signal") with TV - affected all our TVs and Myth. At first I just put it down to the static high pressure system, but when it didn't recover when conditions changed I investigated.
With a different aerial (in the loft) and/or different amplifier things were just the same. But when I changed the temporary loft aerial to point at Winter Hill and retuned a TV I got a perfect signal. In theory we should get a slightly better signal from Lancaster.
Now Winter Hill has all the main muxes down into GroupA aerial territory I've no need to use Lancaster, so I'll be getting someone to re-point the outside aerial. But I was wondering if there is anyone else using Lancaster and if they've seen similar problems ? I can't find any notices about engineering works or problems.

On the upside, I've now successfully tuned in the PSB3 mux using my new(ish) T2 tuner :-)

Simon