[mythtv-users] Can't seem to delete channels

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Mon Aug 2 04:05:45 UTC 2021

    > Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2021 03:27:42 +0000
    > From: Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com>

    > On Sun, Aug 1, 2021 at 3:40 AM <f-myth-users at media.mit.edu> wrote:

    > > [1] I wish there was some easy way to tell
    > > tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite to preserve the original file.

    > This is not grabber specific (all grabbers support
    > the same core functionality, but if you run the grabber
    > manually specifying an output destination you can
    > do what you wish with the output file.

    > You can even feed it into a 3rd party utility which
    > can add/update/delete the videosource (again,
    > on the wiki).

OK.  (I don't see those in the wiki but will look around.)

I may do something like that so I can monitor if Comcast moves channels
around---I built functionality like that for the DataDirect info and it
saved me numerous times when they switched channel numbers.  (Though I
suspect I have to leave all channels selected in the sqlite DB for the
grabber to show them via --list and thus to catch this; oh well.)

Speaking of moving things around, is this what you were warning about in
the "CHANNEL SELECTION" section of the tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite manpage?
It sounds like you're basically saying, "Just let the grabber grab
everything and filter it in Myth lest you be unpleasantly surprised
in the future."  If so, I'm willing to live with the inefficiency of
fetching, and stuffing into mysql via mfdb, ~2x the data that I'd
otherwise use.  (And then just set the channels I don't get/don't
care about to invisible and move on.)

Thanks!