[mythtv-users] HEVC/H.265 playback

Werner Mahr werner at vollstreckernet.de
Sun Apr 25 09:23:06 UTC 2021

Am Sonntag, 25. April 2021, 11:15:14 CEST schrieb Stuart Auchterlonie:
> On 21/04/2021 17:45, Leo Butler via mythtv-users wrote:
> Given you are speculating about adding a graphics card, then I would
> hazard a guess you have an embedded intel gpu. So try running `vainfo`

Maybe I can jump in here and get some info for a similar problem. I have my
videos in H265 in mkv container. It works but sometimes (especially in fast
scenes) it stutters for some seconds.

vainfo says: VAProfileHEVCMain               : VAEntrypointVLD

I guess I maybe can get rid of this by increasing the buffer a bit to get a
stable stream. Can this be done somewhere in the config, or is it hardcoded?

--
MfG usw.

Werner Mahr